Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tricia and January

Lots has happened. I'll put things in different posts so you don't have to read a huge long one if you don't have the time. This post deals with my paras.

First of all, I feel much closer to Tricia, my other para. I don't know if it's because January is gone all the time and we spend more time together or what. I think the staff Christmas party helped. I was sitting with my people (my people being Ninja Stylist, who is a para in my good friend's room as well as the person who cuts my hair and I LOVE her, my closest teacher friend Olive, and her other para Chelle) and having a grand old time and I had been thinking how nice it would be to get Tricia to sit at our table. I feel bad, I don't spend enough time with her. In the mornings and at lunch, I spend a lot of time talking to Olive. We've gotten very close and we are on the same page about pretty much everything. Heck, she's even a Buddhist! So we're always talking, and since Ninja Stylist is so fun, it's great to be around them. Always laughing. But that leaves Tricia alone, especially with January gone. So I had Tricia come sit with us after people at her table started leaving, and we all seemed to get along quite nicely. We totally bonded over tequila (her) and rum (me).

I talked to my principal again this morning. I basically wanted to just whine about January being gone, this time for over a week (and she never bothered even emailing me, even though she emailed Tricia, I think she avoids me and apparently the principal too) and digging for info on what the plan would be. My principal said that she has been documenting and is very busy and has already sent her a letter. She told me she'd call HR to see what the next step would be. I really do like January as a para. She's absolutely wonderful. So energetic and dynamic. But you know what? That does me no good when she's at home. '

But anything's better than last year and that horrible woman who hated me and defied me. So I'm thankful for my people!

No comments: